Easter is just around the corner and we’ll definitely all be spending this one at home! If you’ve got young children at home with you, this is a really fun recipe and one that both you and them will love making and eating!
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each adding each one.
3. Stir in the flour, salt and cocoa powder and wrap the dough in plastic. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
4. When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line two trays with baking paper.
5. Cut away 1/4 of the dough, rewrap the rest and return to the fridge. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to about 1/2cm thickness.
6. Cut the rolled out dough into biscuits using Easter-themed cookie cutters or just plain round ones. Place on prepared baking trays and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, divide the icing sugar between 2 bowls. Add a scant drop of pink food colouring to one and 1/2 a teaspoon of water to both. Mix until you have a thick icing and spoon both coloured and white icing into two small plastic bags. Snip a tiny cut into the corner of both, and once the biscuits are cool, you can start decorating. Let your ideas run wild and you're kids will love making pretty decorations!
There you have it, some quick and easy Easter biscuits for you and your children to enjoy!
"Their 3-star cylinder range has become our go-to product to offer homeowners and the quick turn-around on orders has been a big help to our business"
"Working with APECS has been great. They are both friendly and professional to deal with and all of the products we have used have been of the highest quality."