What do you want for dinner?
This is often one of the most common questions people ask themselves, their partners or their children and it is usually responded to with, “I don’t know…”.
The Coronavirus lockdown has made mealtimes more stressful for some people, whether you’re a parent with kids at home all day, or a frontline worker who is exhausted, that’s why we’ve put together a series of Simple, Quick & Healthy recipes that all use just 5 ingredients or less. This means that you can have more time for the important things in life right now!
A pasta salad is a great versatile dish which you can enjoy warm for dinner, or cold the next day as a hearty lunch option. This dish gives you protein with the chicken and one of your five a day with the fresh rocket.
1. Chicken breasts will cook more quickly and more evenly if they’re flattened down to the same size, so put each one on a board, cover with some cling film and flatten the fattest part slightly with a rolling pin or the base of a saucepan. Take off the cling film and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan then add the chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Then turn over, cover and cook on the other side for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through. Check the inside is cooked by poking in the end of a sharp knife – the juices should run clear. If not, keep cooking for another minute and check again. Rest for 5 minutes before serving so the juices can be reabsorbed and the chicken will be juicy.
3. At the same time you are cooking the chicken, cook the pasta in salted, boiling water for the time indicated on the packet.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and either cool it off with cold running water, or keep it warm if you are eating it straight away.
5. Slice the chicken breast into strips and add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl to combine.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Keep an eye out for some more recipes coming up over the next week, including some Easter specials!
"Working with APECS has been great. They are both friendly and professional to deal with and all of the products we have used have been of the highest quality."