AP CASH BREAK IN GUARANTEE
Congratulations! You’ve purchased one of the most secure BSI KM 3* and Sold Secure Diamond rated euro cylinders available in the UK. We are so confident in our AP euro cylinder defending you against the most common forms of attack that we offer a Break In Guarantee against our cylinder being snapped and being the entry method used to gain access to the property. As a company, APECS (APECS Consult Ltd) we endeavour to provide world-class leading performance in operation, and more importantly, the best possible security for you and your family.
To give you total peace of mind, in the unlikely event of a Break In succeeding through the failure of our cylinder, we will pay up to £2500 towards the loss of any items which are not covered by any of your household insurance policies.
- This Break In Guarantee will be valid for a period of 5 years from the receipt of the Break In guarantee certificate and is not transferable. The following conditions apply.
- The APECS Break In guarantee registration form must be received by us within 28 days of installation or within 28 days of the completion date for new build properties. The Break In Guarantee will only take effect on receipt by us of the registration form.
- The total compensation package of up to £2500 will be the maximum amount payable in full and final settlement of any successful claims towards any uninsured loss including the new door supplied and installed.
- The Break In Guarantee will be deemed invalid if any modifications, repairs, or alterations are made to the AP euro cylinder.
- The APECS Break In Guarantee is only valid when the AP euro cylinder is correctly fitted and maintained in accordance with APECS maintenance instructions (these instructions can be found on our website).
This guarantee is only valid when the following details have been adhered to:
- The guarantee registration form has been correctly completed in full and received by APECS within 28 days of the AP euro cylinder being installed or within 28 days of the competition date for new build properties.
- For new build properties, if you are unable to register within the 28 days of the property completion date – you will be required to submit a written statement and evidence as to why you were unable to register, which we may determine is acceptable or not at our discretion.
- APECS AP cylinders are fitted to the door used to gain entry.
- The door is manufactured by an approved PAS024;2016 or an equivalent standard manufacturer.
- The AP euro cylinder has been installed in accordance with the APECS installation fitting instructions.
- The APECS AP euro cylinder and moving components (pins, springs etc) should be kept free of dirt and lubricated twice yearly at equal intervals by the registrant, using the APECS Dry lubricant as recommended in the maintenance instructions.
- Only one claim shall be made per registrant during the guarantee period.
- A Home Insurance premium (contents insurance) must be in place and is to be registered in the name of the claimant (registrant) of the Break In Guarantee.
- This Break In Guarantee excludes liability for forced entry or manual intervention for the exposed parts of the locking mechanism (lock, cylinder and keeps) howsoever caused, where the door has already been damaged and exposes one or more parts of the locking mechanism.
- The guarantee period shall be for a term of 5 years from the receipt of the Break In guarantee certificate. Only the original registrant of the Break In Guarantee shall be able to enforce the rights under the Break In Guarantee.
- Only genuine APECS keys must be used with the APECS AP cylinder.
- This Break In Guarantee does not cover components from other suppliers that may have been used on the door.
- Claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished.
- Claims are subject to the door being maintained according to care and maintenance instructions provided by the manufacturer. A copy of door care instructions must be submitted with any claim.
- Notification of any claim must be made within 7 days of the Break In. Any supporting documentation must be supplied within 30 days of the Break In.
- The Break In Guarantee will be valid for as long as the homeowner continues to live at the registered address or for a period of 5 years from receipt of the registration certificate, whichever is the earliest date. The Break In Guarantee is non-transferable therefore, it cannot be carried over with the registered homeowner to their new property or be transferred to a new owner if the property is sold.
- The cylinder and door must be deadlocked by the thumb-turn or using APECS genuine keys, and that the key is not left in or anywhere near the cylinder. If a letterplate is fitted, it must meet the requirements of the latest TS008 anti-fishing and lock manipulation standard.
- The Break In Guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK and Ireland only. Commercial properties are excluded from this Break In Guarantee (mixed use residential and commercial properties shall be considered to be commercial properties).
- A Warranty card or Authenticity Card for the APECS AP cylinder must be provided by the vendor/installer (this is included in the original box of the cylinder) to the homeowner, and this must be presented by the homeowner when making a claim.
- The decision of APECS is final in respect of the above qualifying criteria (i) whether the AP euro cylinder has been maintained according to care instructions provided by APECS (ii) whether any modification/repair has been made to the door and (iii) whether the entry has been gained to the property through the failure of the AP euro cylinder.
To claim after a Break In the following conditions must be met:
- The homeowner must retain the AP euro cylinder alleged to be faulty so that it can be assessed in accordance with the terms below.
- Entry to the property was achieved solely by a lock-snapping attack on the registered AP euro cylinder.
- The homeowner must have valid home insurance at the time of the Break In. This must be active for at least 1 month prior to any claim being made.
- The homeowner must submit a written claim (claim form downloadable here) within 7 days of the Break In, including a crime reference number.
- An APECS AP cylinder warranty card or Authenticity card must be presented upon request to verify the authenticity of the cylinder lock.
- A Police crime report number must be presented when making a claim along with the details of the Police officer and station where the report has been filed.
- A complete list of the stolen items must be presented (with evidence of ownership) and the items which are not insured/ covered by the home insurance policy must be specified together with a copy of the said home insurance policy and an explanation as to why the stolen items are not covered by the insurance policy. No claim for stolen cash or other monetary items will be accepted including credit cards, travellers’ cheques, bonds, and the like. Only physical items may be claimed for – no legal or other costs or fees incurred or time wasted, mental anguish or illness or the like can be claimed by the claimant. The crime must be also reported to the Police within 24 hours of the Break In occurring.
- The maximum claim for any single item is £500 Great British Pounds. We shall have the right to determine what constitutes a single item.
- Proof of purchase or written confirmation from the door manufacturer and/or installer that the APECS AP cylinder was fitted to the door when installed on the property; will be requested for the AP euro cylinder under the guarantee claim.
- The AP euro cylinder, door handle and escutcheon must be sent to APECS for an investigation to come to a definite conclusion. This must be returned as a signed for / registered package.
Once the above is received, APECS reserve the right to examine the APECS AP cylinder within 28 days so it can be assessed how the lock was bypassed and confirm whether it is covered by the Break In Guarantee. If there is no sign of lock snapping then it will be assumed that the lock would not have been in a locked position, and the claim will be rejected. If it is not covered by the Break In Guarantee, APECS will advise the homeowner in writing of the reason for rejecting the claim.
- If on investigation, it is found that the security products were correctly fitted and maintained, but that the AP Euro cylinder failed during the Break In attempt, we will then issue the following payments within 30 days of the claim being approved:
- A cheque (or equivalent) of up to £2500 will be sent to the registered householder to compensate for the uninsured loss, including the replacement of the door.
- APECS will also pay for the cost of the signed for / registered postage, if and only if, the product is deemed to be covered by the terms of the Break In Guarantee set out above.
- If on investigation, it is found that the AP Euro Cylinder was not at fault and the Break In into the property is judged to have occurred due to the failing of any other component on the door (for example broken glass or a broken PVCu panel) or following our investigation there is no attack evidence meaning it was not correctly locked, none of the above benefits will be applicable. APECS will have the final say on whether a claim is valid and will be paid.
- This document is in no way a guarantee that a break in will not occur (it merely provides for certain compensation should one occur due to the fault of the cylinder in certain circumstances and subject to certain conditions). All products supplied will be subject to the terms and conditions of sale of the seller of the products to you (which may or may not be APECS) – not the manufacturer or wholesaler.
- If any part of the Break In Guarantee conditions shall be or become void in whole or in part, the other provisions shall remain valid and enforceable and the void provisions shall, where appropriate, be replaced by other provisions corresponding as closely as possible with the void provisions.
- The parties agree that any disputes arising or in any way connected with the subject matter of this Break In Guarantee (whether of a contractual or tortious nature or otherwise) shall be subject to the laws of England of Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall be excluded.